Monitored Smoke Detectors Whether you are home or away, monitored smoke detectors are always heard. There is no better way to protect your loved ones and possessions from the ravages of fire. Installing smoke detectors with your security system significantly increases the chances that everyone will get out safely and help will arrive quickly in the event of a fire.
Smoke Detector Technology
Most homes have battery operated ionization smoke detectors. These detectors react quickly to flaming fires but usually take longer to detect smoldering fire – the most common type of fire that occurs in homes. Most of our smoke detectors
utilize photoelectric smoke detection technology. Photoelectric smoke detectors continually analyze the air for smoke particles and are more sensitive to smoldering fires than ionization detectors. Installing both ionization and photoelectric smoke detectors in your home provides the best possible protection for you and your family.
RATE-OF-RISE HEAT SENSORS
Combination fixed temperature and rate-of-rise models have normally open initiation contacts that close at temperature ratings or upon a temperature rise of 15° F or more per minute. Available in 135 and 194 degree models.
• Aesthetically pleasing, highly visible design and color.
• Attractive contoured shape and light textured finish.
• Easily operated(single- or dual-action), yet designed to prevent false alarms when bumped, shaken, or jarred.
• PUSH IN/PULL DOWN handle latches in the down position to clearly indicate the station has been operated.
• The word “ACTIVATED” appears on top of the handle in bright yellow, further indicating operation of the station.
• Operation handle features white arrows showing basic operation direction for non-English-speaking persons.
• Braille text included on finger-hold area of operation handle and across top of handle.
Uses low-flow technology to sense smoke in the lowest air speeds, from 100 to 4,000 feet per minute. When smoke is detected, all interconnected units will initiate their relays. However, to quickly locate the fire source, only the detector sensing smoke
will alarm. Two DPDT Form-C relay contacts, connected to auxiliary equipment, can also be configured to prevent the spread of smoke through a particular area.
WARNING: Duct smoke detectors are NOT a substitute for open area smoke detectors, NOT a substitute for early warning detection and NOT a replacement for a building’s regular fire detection system.
Sprinkler monitoring devices are designed to monitor fire sprinkler systems and provide the peace of mind property owners’ need.
Waterflow detectors monitor the flow of water to sprinkler heads with a specially designed vane-type paddle.
Supervisory switches help prevent tampering and incorrect setting of valve controls.